My wife, your Mother was such a beauty inside and outside I just was smitten and could not help but fall madly in love with her the very first 10 minutes I sat down beside her in English class that spring day in Rexburg Idaho in 1965. From that minute on I did everything I possibly could do to win her over because I knew in my mind, in my heart and in my soul she was the 'one for me'. I spent every possible minute and hour with her I could from that moment until I had to leave her with her family in Colorado and I had to head home to Canada with a great big hole in my heart. Of all the millions of miles, countries and places I have ever been since in my life-----that was the longest drive I ever made. She then did what no one had ever done before in my life, she called me every other day and I would call her on the other one and she wrote to me every day. Then she suggested we get married and the rest is history------and you are all part of that wonderful history.
When I think of your Mother today and a thousand times before I always refer to one great scripture that was written about her and when friends have asked how to describe my wife I always refer them to this same passage of holy writ: Proverbs 31:10-31
"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.-----She riseth also while it is yet dark (a million times for you children and for me), and giveth meat to her household and a portion to her maidens (all you girls).----She girdeth her loins with strength and strentheneth her arms.----She layeth her hands to the spindle (we all know the sewing she has done) and her hands hold the distaff (the spools that holds the thread and I cannot count the times I have seen her put a new spool on the machine----'endless').
She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea she reacheth forth her hands to the needy (I cannot count the times as Relief Society President she went to the Bishop's Storehouse for the needy and a million other times in other ways). She is not afraid of the snow for her household (in Colorado and Utah she has lived in it piled over her head many, many times----she is 'not afraid of the snow'----just so glad she does not have to contend with it as she used to), for all her household are clothed with scarlet ( she always was able and made sure you kids were dressed warmly). She maketh herself coverings of tapestry and her clothing is silk and purple (she has 'always dressed modestly' and with beauty in simple or beautiful cloth and clothing).----Strength and honor are her 'clothing' and she shall rejoice in time to come.
She openeth her mouth with wisdom and her tongue is the law of kindness (I know of no other woman in my life who so exemplifies this verse so well). She looketh well to the ways of her household and eateth not the bread of idleness (nor this one). Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also , and he praiseth her. (all of us have, all of us will and all of us will forever ! ! ! ! ). Many daughters have done virtusously but thou excellest them all ! ! ! ! ! ( this verse is from me to you in truth and love my dearest----it is so true---you have excelled them 'ALL').
Favor is deceitful (and you have never sought it), and beauty is vain ( and you were and are a beauty but 'never made it vanity'): but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised (you my dear, followeth the Lord so well and all who know you, especially me, will praise you 'forevermore').
Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her 'own works' praise her in the gates ( the gates of all the cities and especialy those gates in the eternal City of Zion shall proclaims your virtue and your good works for all time and turly you shall eat of the 'good fruit' your hands (you) have created).
I shall love you and praise you forever,
Your Husband, Lee
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Lee Eastman - Dad
Posted by
Sharry
at
9:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment