My mother, who is the pinnacle and essence of what every women should be, if you are a women. Roses are red,Violets are blue,I love you more then the other 6 do!!
Just kiddin' here is a little something that i just thought of off the top of my noggin:
Before I was myself you made me, me
With love and patience, discipline and tears,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
Allowing me to sail upon my sea,
Though well within the headlands of your fears.
Before I was myself you made me, me
With dreams enough of what I was to be
And hopes that would be sculpted by the years,
Then bit by bit stepped back to set me free,
Relinquishing your powers gradually
To let me shape myself among my peers.
Before I was myself you made me, me
And being good and wise, you gracefully
As dancers when the last sweet cadence nears
Bit by bit stepped back to set me free.
For love inspires learning naturally:
The mind assents to what the heart reveres.
And so it was through love you made me, me
By slowly stepping back to set me free.
I cannot lie. I did make up this poem. I tried, but i just cannot do it. I won't. Although it does say a lot about how I feel about you mom. I must admit I just wanted to make the other 6 tributes seem small and meaningless in comparison.
Mom you know you mean the world to me. You are the strongest most amazing women I have seen. How you have put up with 7 kids all of these years is beyond me. You know how to juggle all of our personalities and differences and yet seem to show all of us the same amount of love.
Even though secretely I know you love me the most. On top of that you have a crazy man for a husband. 7 crazy kids and one crazy husband. How do you stay normal? That was a joke dad. I really don't think you are crazy, or maybe I really do. No I don't.
I know it is just an act to make us think you are crazy. I love you too, but this is for mom. Mom you have always had confidence in me. Believing that I could do anything I put my mind to, but never pushing me in any specific direction and never taking credit for my accompolishments when maybe you should be the first in line. I would not be the man I am today if it was not for you and the example you have been to me. How much patience and kindness and understanding you have shown over the years to all of your kids is something I will always try to emulate in my own family.
You always listen first and talk second. You always keep your emotions in check and not let them take control. I love those qualities about you mom. I hope that you will always know that I will always hold a special place in my heart for you. Stay away from the Brown Recluse, vote for Barrack-he may be black but that's not wack, and eat red meat. That's my moto. Love you mom.
Have a wonderful day.
Dave
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Dave Eastman
Posted by
Sharry
at
5:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment