Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Deirdre Davis

My MOM, My sweet mother: The Women Who Made Oatmeal Stick to My Ribs (So true all that oatmeal you made so early in the morning, with big softy gushy raisins). . . I weep in tears as I write this small tribute. Only because I read all of my brothers and sisters tributes first. You have raised such beautiful children. Through 7 very different eyes, minds and hearts we have each expressed in our own unique way why we call you MOTHER! It is amazing how we all feel like the favorite child, what an accomplishment. It is truely amazing how 7 very different adults can express in such profound ways small personal sacred moments with you that have shaped their soul.

Look inside your heart you'll see I'M Yours
You placed my feet on the right path
You taught me how to laugh
You taught my hands to open doors
You gave me a family to hold
You have truely shaped my soul
Your love has given me wings
AND HOW MY SPIRIT SOARS
Knowing that I always be yours
Forever and Always
I AM YOURS

I love the unselfish nurturing you have given over and over and over again. I only hope I can give Ashton that same kind of attention and love. We all were first in your life, I don't think there is one of us that feels like we weren't your top priority. How did you accompish that? You each helped us develop our talents and focused on each of our strenghths you never pitted us against each other or never made one us feel better than the other. We were all equal in your eyes, we were all God's children in your eyes.

I don't know what it is like being a mother 24/7, I am excited for this new journey so that I can come to appreciate you just a little more. Your kind nurturing loving non judgemental calm ways have gotten me through the darkest most difficult times of my life. I appreciate the thousands of hours you have spent just listening to me cry, plead, vent, share, and express. Showing the most amazing empathy ever. Trying to just for a moment walk in my shoes. The amazing thing you have done this for 6 other kinds of shoes.

When I needed discipline for terrible things said and done you taught me about Heavenly Father, Repentance and the Savior THANK YOU. I know where I can turn when life doesn't seem to make sense! You taught me where to turn for answers. I love how forgiving you are. Can I ever recieve such an amazing gift? No bitterness in your heart or mind.

You have taught me about agency and consequence and how we are each responsible for our own choices. You have taught me by example. Now that I am older seeking to be more righteous I often find myself reflecting on those many days I would walk around the house trying to look for you, in the early morning, only to walk into your closet to see that your temple clothes weren't there, you had been to the temple! I don't know how or why I remember this in such detail but it has been so profound in my life.

Your kind acts of service for others besides raising 7 kids and a husband you gave so much to others. As Young Women President, Relief Society President and a Visiting Teacher. How did you do it? I get so overwhelmed sometime and you come into my mind and I become calm. Always putting others before your self. I saw this all throughout my life and only hope to emulate such Christ Like Love. Thanks for your wonderful example, not just preaching but living what you believe.

I felt and still feel the calm that fills a home when Mom is there.
I love you!

Love,
Deirdre Lynn

0 comments: