Happy birthday Sharry…doesn’t seem so long ago! You’re as beautiful as ever. We love you. KEN Barber
Happy birthday Sharry
May your day be filled with joy♡♡ MINDI
My hero my best friend mom happy bday thanks for everything un and seen STACEY
Happy birthday Mom! Love you so much. Thanks for being the wonderful mother that you are. You give so much willing to sacrifice so much for all of us. I am so thankful that I can not only call you Mother, but that is can call you friend. JENNIFER
Dearest Mother, I could write an entire blogpost about all the wonderful things I love about you, ways in which I am grateful for you, and the plethora of ways you are an example to me. I am so grateful that I came into your world 34 years ago and that I had the privilege of being raised by such a beautiful woman! I feel like every GOOD thing I am today is because of you. You taught me how to be fiercely loyal to any cause that I pursue; you taught me how to be proactive in my life—to go after my dreams, to never settle for less, to push myself to always exceed my own expectations. You instilled within me a love of learning and a love of words. You nourished my creative and independent spirit by being the epitome of creativity, artistic ability, and independency.
A few thoughts about this trait of being independent: I can't tell you how grateful I am that through your example you taught me how to survive (either through a hardship—physical or emotional— or a moment of defeat and/or exhaustion), you taught me how to be a leader not a follower, you taught me how to be able to be happy with myself and not have to rely on others for happiness, you taught me how to see a task and be able to execute it. Thank you for never clipping my independent "wings"; I can't you how many times they have saved me, how many times when I have faced a very difficult situation in my life—causing me to doubt the very core of who I am—of being able to muster up enough agility to look behind me and see those wings, reminding me not only that I was born to fly but that I have the gumption and capability (because of my mothers example) to defeat the odds, to soar above the hardships and complexities of life. Thank you for not only seeing who I was as a child, but nourishing and loving that person instead of trying to mold or change me into something you thought was an even better version of myself. I look up to you so much in the way you mothered me. And if I can only get HALF of what you did right in the lives of my two boys, I know that I am going to be damn good mom.
Sometimes I think about what keeps this family of 7 together with all of our different dynamics, dissimilarities, and tainted pasts? But I now know the answer: it's you, our mother. We all came from YOU; every single one of us felt apart of you, was nourished by you, was carried by you for 9 months (give or take) before we took our first breath into this world. Essentially every single one of us took something from you—a different part of you—and that is the bond that keeps us together. YOU are the BEST of all of us. Now raising two little boys I realize how selfless it is to be a mother. YOU raised SEVEN—I now know you gave us EVERYTHING you had, even when you didn't have anything else to give. You always did the best you could, and you did more than you could!
I love you. I am eternally indebted to you. I will forever respect you, honor you, praise your name, and live in gratitude for your life because of all of these encompassing ways that have made you my MOTHER.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
AMANDA
Happy birthday Mom! You are one of the most amazing women I know. Your examples of Faith, Courage, Sacrifice, Patience, Endurance, and Love have taught me so much. Thanks for being who you are. I am so blessed to call you mother and friend. JENNIFER
I had no idea that Robin Barber, Sydney Barber and you all share the same birthday. Happy birthday a day early. I do think about you often and miss you. I wish life allowed for do overs and different choices could be made that allowed our view to be different from where we are today. And though time slips by and distance keeps us apart the one constant that always remains is you. Thank you for your life, your strength, your compassion, your wisdom- for you may not know, these things have made me a better man today. DONOVAN
Happy happiest birthday mom!!! I love you so much!!! Your life has blessed so many people!!! Enjoy celebrating YOU!!! May this new year of life bring you peace, joy, love and wishes that come true!!! Thanks for your continued love, prayers, service and for sharing your talents with me and our children!!! You simply are the best!!! DEIRDRE




0 comments:
Post a Comment