Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mothers

I am about to give birth to TWIN GIRLS and I was anxious to see my Mother today. Here are some thoughts I wanted to share and thoughts from some of my friends.
Deirdre Davis


April Burney: Man that seriously rocks. So glad you have the support. :)

Deirdre Davis: I don't think I have ever been more excited to see my mom!!!! I feel so blessed to have the greatest mom ever who is so hands on, super helpful and fun to be around! People have asked me if my mom is helpful when she comes and visits, I guess because some moms are not?? I just smile and say YES!!! She will help with cooking, cleaning, playing and taking care of kids, she will run errands, go shopping, take Ashton to preschool, let me nap and rest, she also sews, help organize and do projects....she is seriously one of the hardest working people I know and never complains. She loves serving her family!!!!

Amy Salisbury Lindstrom Dre, I think often about being at your house when we were in High School and you were talking about your Mom. I remember how highly you spoke of her, and I have thought A LOT about you saying that your Mom was ALWAYS awake before the kids and making you breakfast. I think I met your Mom once, but the way you talked about her that day and the things you said left an impression on me. She is someone that has set a standard for me as a mother and I think about it often. Bet ya didn't know that little conversation that day would have such a lasting impression! :)

Deirdre Davis: No, I did not thanks for sharing Amy!!!! What a great story and memory. You want to also know what is great, she does not expect any of us to be like her! She values each of her children's parenting style, which I also like, because I don't sew and do things quit like her! She definitely sets the standard, but I don't feel pressure from her! She is truly unique!!!

Deirdre Davis: So bummed. So not happy right now!! What is up with the airlines, united especially. My mom got to Medford, OR at 4:00 AM they boarded the plane once, told them to get off because of plane issues. She waited missed her flight in Denver, they rebooked her. Told them to get back on the plane, they boarded and than were told to get off again TWICE. She just called she is not coming today! She is now coming in on Saturday at 1:00pm. Super bummed! But glad she is NOT flying on that plane!!! There are reasons for things.

Heidi Seable Jarvis I love your mom! :)
Amy Salisbury Lindstrom I am drinking this in! I LOVE IT! I LOVE watching other women mother their children and learning from them. ESPECIALLY mothers that have already raised such strong, independent, confident kids. LOVE IT!

0 comments: